The submitting author must specify not more than one thematic area that best describes the contents of the abstract. The Scientific Committee reserves the right to make adjustments in order to increase relevance.
3 December 2018
The criteria for review are
- Coherence with the general theme and relevance for advancement of psychological knowledge and practice;
- Theoretical and empirical basis;
- Clarity of ideas and soundness of methods applied;
- Ecological and ethical implications.
Kindly submit your abstract/s via online registration system on congress website using the button at the bottom of the chosen presentation format page.
The acceptance of abstracts by the Scientific Committee does not imply any financial assistance or fee deduction. Presenting authors must register by April 1st 2019 to ensure that their presentation will be included in the ECP 2019.
Below are some general guidelines related to the required formatting and content of the abstract. Carefully prepared abstracts facilitate the review process, as it is easier to judge the quality of presentations that are thoroughly and concisely described.
- The title should be brief (a maximum of 125 characters including spaces), clearly indicating the contents of the abstract;
- Author/s details: Full name and affiliation, country. Note: there should be not more than 5 authors; the first author is the presenting author. Submitting author may not be the presenting author.
- Abstract body: Please ensure that your abstract does not exceed 350 words and contains the following information:
- Background: statement of the primary objectives of the study, including theoretical framework and research questions that were tested;
- Methods: should include design, participants (and their number), measures and analysis;
- Findings: a summary of results accompanied by important statistical information/ description of the main findings/ the points to be made;
- Discussion: conclusion or some discussion on implications of the results.
- Keywords are not required.
- Language and writing: All abstracts must be in English. If English is not the authors’ first language, it is recommended that an English native speaker should proofread the abstract; please write the abstract with a word-processing program, check spelling and grammar, proofread carefully, copy and paste it into the form.
- Numbers, references, and abbreviations: Kindly stick to a few references in abstract body. Use Arabic numerals for all numbers. Use standard abbreviations and symbols. Keep abbreviations to a minimum and define each one when it is used for the first time.
- Figures and tables: Do not include any figures or tables in abstracts, and do not submit attachments, slides, or any reference materials with the abstracts.
You will be able to make changes to your abstract (authorship, title, and contents) on the personal page before the deadline for abstract submission.
Notification of acceptance by the Scientific Committee will be emailed to the corresponding author. Please note that the Scientific Committee reserves the right to change submissions for oral presentations to posters, rather than refusing abstracts, depending on the number, theme, and quality of submissions.
go to check out and register
If you have any questions with regard to Abstract Submission, please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org